We Buy Fine Diamonds at the Highest Premiums
If you are looking to sell loose diamonds, but not really sure where to start, here are a few pointers to get your started. Make sure you get the maximum market value offer for your loose diamonds.
- Know your diamond’s quality. If you already have a third-party appraisal (not to be confused with a laboratory report) from a reputable independent appraiser, this can help determine your diamond’s quality. It is important to keep in mind that appraisals can vary widely in their assessments depending on the qualifications and ethics of the person providing the service. Additionally, the estimated value stated on a retail appraisal is only useful for insurance purposes and does not reflect your item’s true market value. Alternatively, reputable laboratory reports from the GIA or AGS will provide a document with stricter, impartial specifics on the quality of your diamond.
- Determine the best place to sell it. Make sure you’re being offered top market value for your loose diamonds. Qualify your buyer to guarantee they are reputable and experienced.
- Get cash offer at the time of transaction. Don’t get juked. Make sure you’re paid with a company check, wire transfer or in cash upon the time of transaction. Never leave your diamonds with the promise of future payment.
How Much Can I Sell My Loose Diamond For?
When determining the value to sell a loose diamond, we suggest doing some homework online by searching for comparable diamonds. By doing so, you can get a sense of the range of retail prices offered by various sellers. Naturally, online sellers have a profit built in to their selling prices and while you, the individual seller, will not be able to sell your diamond for the same retail price, our team at Diamond Buyers have built our reputation on providing strong offers on fine diamonds that are in line the true wholesale market value. With our 40+ years of experience as a family owned business built nearly entirely on word-of-mouth referrals, you can rest assured that you will be treated fairly every time.
If you elect not to have your loose diamond evaluated by GIA or other third-party lab, Diamond Buyers can provide you with a free, no-obligation appraisal by one of our GIA-trained gemologists.
There are many factors that affect the value of loose diamonds, such as the size, quality and market demand of the diamond you are selling. The market value for loose diamonds fluctuates as well, so unfortunately, we can’t offer any hard and fast rules on this one; but, if you provide us with the details of your diamond, we can provide you with a no-obligation offer.
We will send you a no-obligation offer on your loose diamonds.
Where to Sell Your Loose Diamonds
You want to sell your loose diamonds where you’ll get the most money. While we believe we are the most competitive diamond buyers around, there are a few different selling outlets at your disposal, such as eBay, Craigslist, pawn shops, and diamond buyers. Here is a complete rundown on these options: Where Should I Sell My Jewelry?
Reputable Diamond Buyer
Our recommendation is to sell loose diamonds through a reputable diamond buyer. Why? Diamond buyers know diamonds. Offers tend to be higher because they’re trained experts at examining loose diamonds. They know value when they see it.
Why Sell Loose Diamonds for Cash to Diamond Buyers:
- Trusted buyer with a long-standing reputation of 40+ years
- GIA-trained gemologists available in-house
- Top value paid for loose diamonds
- Cash offer given immediately
- Fully licensed and bonded
Types of Loose Diamonds We Buy
- Good quality diamonds; 1 carat and larger.
- Highest prices paid for 2 carat diamonds and larger, including exceptionally rare diamonds.
- Natural, fancy colored diamonds in all sizes.